You've hustled hard get where you are, to create an amazing product or service that fuels your passion and improves the lives of others. Looking ahead, you're wondering what's next.
How can you take your brand to the next level? These 5 strategic investments will help you elevate your business and build an unforgettable brand experience.
The Brand Experience
What's all this talk of brand experience? Brand experience puts the focus on your customers and how they feel when interacting with your brand. What can you do to make sure your customers have an amazing experience? Speak their language, calm their fears and answer their prayers.
Do whatever you can to make sure your customer's experience is truly remarkable. My goal is for it to feel like Christmas morning when someone discovers my brand. I want them to think, “How did I not know about this girl?!” I want it to be magical. I want this excitement and delight to be triggered by and associated with my brand.
Invest in Your Brand
Most times, the brand experience is well underway before your customer even becomes a customer. They see you long before you know about them. That's why it's essential to invest in your branding and make sure those first impressions are truly amazing.
Speak their language, calm their fears & answer their prayers.
These 5 investments will help you do just that.
- Logo - This is the face of your business. Your logo makes your brand recognizable and memorable. It will appear on pretty much everything associated with your brand, which is why it needs to be incredible. The logo doesn't just set the tone. It's the glorious glue that holds the whole production together.
- Business Cards & Stationery - You heard that print's dead? Guess again. In a digital age where we crave physical connections, these tangible tokens of your brand can make all the difference. Carefully crafted to leave a lasting impression, with every detail designed to be savored—when done right, these are precious tokens for your audience to cherish.
- Visual Identity - These are the details that go the extra mile in telling your story and setting your brand apart. You'll see this at work through things like custom headlines, icons, patterns, and illustrations. These graphic elements work together to create a sophisticated symphony and bring that extra sparkle to create a visual experience that's unforgettable.
- Website - Regardless of what you're selling, a website is absolutely essential. A brand without a website today is akin to a person who's not in the yellow pages. Customers will be skeptical of your brand and hesitant to trust you. Build a strong and stunning online presence. A well-designed website will help your dream customers find you and can even start the selling process for you. Trust me, it will quickly become your #1 employee.
- Packaging & Swag - Finely-crafted, relevant collateral can create a micro brand experience that speaks volumes. There's a narrative that unfolds from how it opens, closes, and catches the light. There's an art to how it feels to the touch. Each detail speaks to your story and your spark.
I can tell you right now that—if done right—none of these will be cheap, but you shouldn't want them to be. Cheap design begets inferior results. That's why I'm calling these investments.
No one expects you to tackle all five at once or rush into any of these if you're not ready. However when you're seeing success and you're ready to level up, don't let your brand plateau because of subpar branding.